Posted on: 03/09/2018
Location / Country: Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
Project Duration: 36 months (January 2019— January 2022)
Seeking for: Key expert 2: Team Member
Work experience: 5 years
The specific objective of the project is to contribute to stabilising food production and availability, to improving access to food, and to enhancing people's nutritional status by further building and strengthening the resilience of cooperative farms, communities and households, the diversification of production, the balanced diet, and the promotion of behavioural change in nutrition.
Overall objective: to assist DG DEVCO with the implementation of its assistance to the DPRK and therefore to contribute to improving the living conditions of DPRK's most vulnerable groups.
General qualifications and skills:
- The Team Member must have a University degree or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences and/or in rural development and/or Sustainable Agriculture and/or Food Security or other fields relevant to our programme -(or equivalent professional experience)
- S/he will have good negotiation and communication skills, which will enable her/him to collaborate in a constructive manner with the DPRK authorities and grant beneficiaries alike.
- S/he shall be fluent in English (written and spoken), have good reporting skills, and be computer literate
General professional experience
- Preferably 5 years of professional experience, with a minimum requirement of 3 years of experience in rural and/or agricultural development and/or food security.
- S/he shall be familiar with institutional analysis and in the assessment of the sustainability of training/capacity-building inputs.
- Experience in project implementation with an NGO would be an asset
- Experience of EU Project Cycle Management, and with DG DEVCO rules and procedures would be an asset11
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Asia or in countries with similar socio and agro-ecological conditions to that of the DPRK.
- Previous working experience in countries or in transition or in DPKR would constitute an advantage.
- Working experience in nutrition and/or food security-related DRR would be an asset
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toDorota Oszlanyiova, d [dot] oszlanyiova [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 13/09/2018