Posted on: 30/04/2021
Location / Country: Africa, Home-based
Language: French and English
Project Duration: Full-time
Seeking for: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - AFRICAN DEPARTMENT
Work experience: 3 Years
AESA Africa Department manages technical assistance projects and implements studies funded by the main international donors and development banks in the African Sub-Saharan Region.
The Department is looking for an enthusiastic business developer to expand the Company contract acquisitions in the Western, Central and Southern African Regions.
The candidate should share the passion for Development issues related to the African continent as well as the proactive attitude of the department colleagues.
Location: in remote, preferably based in the ECOWAS region
Language: Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English;
Work experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar International consulting company.
Sectors: economic development, governance & human development, rural development.
• Identifying business opportunities financed by main international donors in Africa (African Development Bank, World Bank and EU amongst others);
• drawing up letters of interest, technical and financial offers for international calls for tender
• Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts in Africa, especially West and Central Africa
• Representation of AESA in conferences and seminars;
• Management and quality control of ongoing projects;
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
• Minimum 3 years previous working experience in consulting companies;
• Knowledge and understanding of International and Regional development policies in Africa, at least in one of the following areas: economic development, social development, rural development;
• Sound experience in managing bid proposals under international donors’ procurement rules (EU, African Development Bank, World Bank, amongst others);
• proven experience in drawing up/reviewing methodologies for calls for tender;
• Ability to withstand pressure when working toward tight deadlines;
• previous working experience in at least one African French Speaking Country;
Education & Experience: Master degree in a relevant area, e.g. Economics, Political Science, Development Studies, or similar.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter (no more than 1 page) summarizing your relevant experience and competencies for this role as well as an updated CV to Mr. Alessandro Paoloni (a [dot] paoloni [at] aesagroup [dot] eu ) at the latest by May 30th, 2021.
We review applications on a rolling basis, so we would recommend getting your application in as soon as possible.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toAlessandro Paoloni (a [dot] paoloni [at] aesagroup [dot] eu)
Deadline for Applications: 29/05/2021