Posted on: 15/10/2020
Location / Country: Belgium
Language: English and French; Spanish or Portuguese will be an assetet.
Project Duration: Full Time
Work experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar European consulting company.
Language: Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French; good working
knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese will be an asset.
Work experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar European consulting
Sectors: Climate Change; Environment; Renewable Energy
→ Analyzing business opportunities and contributing to the proposal decision making
→ Elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
→ Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients,
partners and sector experts;
→ Management and quality control of ongoing projects;
→ Reviewing performance and implementing lesson learned;
→ Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and
→ Representation of AESA in conferences and seminars;
→ Affinity to topics and tools related to innovation would be desirable.
The position includes short missions and business trips in African, Caribbean and Pacific
countries as well as in Turkey and Balkan countries.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
• At least 4 years of proved success in business development with an EU based consultancy
company focused on environment and/or climate change programmes;
• Ability to withstand pressure when working toward tight deadlines;
• Plan, organize a team, monitor progress and review contributions;
• Proved experience in managing projects funded by international donors such as European
Union, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UNDP, etc.;
• Understanding of the strategies and programmes of relevant donors (EU, AFD, ADB,
• Understanding of the international climate policy landscape and stakeholders and/or
national / regional climate strategies and policies will be an asset;
• Willingness to travel in developing states and Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) beneficiary
countries, sometimes at short notice.
Education & Experience: Master degree in a relevant area, e.g. Environment, Climate Change,
Natural Resources Management, Development Studies, or similar.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter (no more than 1 page) summarizing your relevant
experience and competencies for this role as well as an updated CV to Mr. Ottavio Novelli
(o [dot] novelli [at] aesagroup [dot] eu) and Ms. Ludovica Martinelli (l [dot] martinelli [at] aesagroup [dot] eu).
DEADLINE to apply: October 30, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis, so we would
recommend getting your application in as soon as possible.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed to
Deadline for Applications: None