Posted on: 15/05/2017
Location / Country: Worldwide
Language: English (French is an asset)
Project Duration: 3 years
Seeking for: Key expert 1: Senior Advisor - PDNA (full time – maximum 660 days)
Work experience: senior level
To carry on the activities foreseen at the point 4.2 for the implementation of the Action. S/he will be the main contact point to the Contracting Authority for operational issues related to the field of PDNA, including the identifying, mobilising and liaising with non-key experts. S/he will liaise and report to the Contracting Authority on a regular basis on the activities and will facilitate a fruitful and open dialogue between the stakeholders involved and the EU. It is foreseen that an important part of her/his work will consist in PDNA missions. S/he must possess excellent interpersonal consultation and mediation skills, team-oriented work style, whilst being self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision, with an eye for detail/accuracy and strong resistance to stress. S/he must be able to dialogue with national Authorities and institutional structures (mainly regional/international organisations). S/he must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English (similar skills in French would be an asset).
Qualifications and skills:
• Master's degree or equivalent diploma in Development, Humanitarian Aid, International Relations, social sciences, or other relevant discipline, or, in its absence, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma as detailed above followed by at least 3 years of post-graduate professional experience in the management of international teams of experts on top of the general professional experience required below.
General professional experience:
• A minimum 5 years - preferably 10 years – of professional (including field) experience in recovery/rehabilitation/reconstruction contexts in developing countries;
• Minimum 5 years proven experience in development and recovery programmes;
• Minimum 5 years proven experience in the management of international teams of experts.
Specific professional experience:
• Proven experience from at least 3 PDNA missions is essential;
• Proven experience in interacting with the UN and the World Bank in the field of recovery/rehabilitation/reconstruction gained on at least 2 projects;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of disaster relief and recovery contexts, as well as proven knowledge of PDNA concepts and principles gained on at least 2 projects;
• Knowledge of European Union project management procedures and Financial Regulation, preferably through management and participation in at least 2 EC-funded technical assistance projects of similar size and/or contractual value would be an advantage.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toLaura Felisatti i [dot] felisatti [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 31/05/2017