Description of the project and Services provided:
The services provided by AESA consisted in the evaluation of the received Concept Notes and Detailed proposals in accordance with the standards and procedures described in the Guidelines for grant applicants responding to the restricted Call for Proposals.
The services provided were in particular:
- A Before the deadline for receipt of the Proposals Assistance and proposal to the Water Facility Group (WFG) of tools to facilitate the evaluation, such as: Checklists, Comparison forms, Reference cases, Benchmarks, etc based on the evaluation criteria.
B After receipt of the Proposals:
- Following the public opening according to the rules, registration, encoding of proposals scanning, etc...
- Evaluation of the Concept Notes of the proposals which have been considered administratively compliant by the EC Evaluation Committee.
- Evaluation of the preselected proposals on award criteria (Relevance, Financial and Operational Capacity, Sustainability, Methodology and Economic & Financial Feasibility)
- Writing of a final evaluation report with the result
- Detailed scoring and ranking, including the establishment of draft lists of ineligible and eligible applicants;
- Backstopping as well as securing appropriate communication with the Water Facility Group and Evaluation Committee
The Legal Entity also assisted the some EC Delegation (e.g. Niger) in assessing project proposals .