The general objective is to improve the efficacy, efficiency and impact of Liberia-EC cooperation by enabling the NAO to perform and fulfil its responsibilities as set in the Cotonou Agreement.
The specific purpose of the LTTA/NAO is to enhance the capacity in development planning, programming and implementation of the office of the NAO, and more specifically to reinforce the organisation and the functioning of the office of the NAO and to build up its ability to manage the EDF, thus contributing to a quantitative and qualitative improvement of EDF programmes and projects management from their identification to their execution, monitoring and evaluation.
Agriconsulting carried out the following tasks
• The elaboration and implementation of an institutional and human capacity development programme for the NAO
• The preparation and management of programme estimates to support the implementation of the project;
• Ensuring that all the contractual and financial management rules, good practices are in place
• The sound operational and financial management of the PEs
• The implementation of the procurement plan of the PEs (tendering, contracting, monitoring);
• The coordination and execution of other activities related to this ontract including the short-term expertise).
• Support the Ministry of Planning in retrieving the NAO’s Powers.
The services provided were:
• Administrative assistance,
• Project financing studies,
• budget preparation and monitoring,
• Human resources management,
• institutional capacity building/strengthening,
• regional cooperation/institutional aspects