The Purpose of the MTR is to assess the progress in delivery of project outputs and outcomes based on this assessment, to take decisions on the future orientation and emphasis of the project during its remaining time.
Specifically the project objective where:
• To assess overall performance against the project objectives and outcomes as set out in the project document and other related documents.
• To assess the project outputs to date and review planned strategies and plans for achieving the overall outcomes of the project within the timeframe set out. Achievements will be measured against the indicators as described in the project monitoring plans.
• To assess the substantive efficiency of the project. This will assess the extent to which the costs of the intervention can be justified by the results achieved taking alternatives into account.
• To analyse the implementation and management arrangements of the project including the identification of any difficulties in project implementation and their causes and recommend corrective courses of action.
• To analyse and provide guidance on sustainability measures and or future project activities.
• To document initial lessons concern overall project implementation to date(including project design and management)
3 main activities:
1) Information collection and analysis
2) Field visit