The Project ""Mapping and identification of conservation status/state of natural habitats and species – Phase I, LOT I Invertebrades"", was implemented by the National Nature Protection Serve Directorate (MoEF) within Priority axis 4: Preservation and restoration of biodiversity of the Bulgarian Operational Programme “Environment 2007 – 2013”. It aimed to support the conservation and effective management of the network of protected areas in the country as part of the pan-European ecological network Natura 2000.
The Project overall objective was mapping and identification of the conservation status of habitats and species under Directive 92/43/EEC and determining the risk for wild birds, as per Directive 79/409/EEC .
The services provided were:
• Project management/coordination,
• Project/programme ,
• Institutional capacity building/strengthening,
• Data management and processing,
• Quality control
• Natural Resources Protection Policies and Strategies,
• Biodiversity/Eco systems,
• Protection of Fauna and Flora,
• Wildlife/Utilisation and conservation,