The project aims to support ECCAS (Economic Community of Central African States) for the implementation of a regional peace and security project. This project is an explicit policy objective of the cooperation between the EU and ECCAS, and has the overall objective of helping to reduce conflicts and insecurity in Central Africa.
The services provided are:
• efficient and strategic Advisory support for the conception, coordination and planning of the Human Integration, Peace, Security and Stability Department ( DIHPSS in French)and Human Resources and Administration, Budget and Programmes Department ( DPBARH in French) activities in the implementation of the Peace and Security Programme II (PAPS II. Programme d'Appui à la CEEAC en matière de Paix et de la Secirité) and contributing to the operationalization of the results, the efficiency and the visibility of the program;
• upward flow of information and lessons learned of the implementation of the project to the beneficiary (experience feedback);
• Advisory support for the planning and implementation of a training and training activities system (analysing training needs , considering requests for training, designing a comprehensive training plan) in order to provide the Human Integration, Peace, Security and Stability Department ( DIHPSS in French) executives and other actors involved with a professional know-how in preventing conflicts and managing ECCAC's peace consolidation process.
• Support to ECCAS in its political and diplomatic actions related to conflict prevention and sustainable security by pursuing all actions initiated: the fight against small arms and light weapons, border program, good governance, maritime security, security sector reform , etc... and by continuing relations with the Civil Society Organisation (OSC in French) in synergy with ECCAS
• Advisory support in the operationalization of the African peace and security architecture and its components, in its sub-regional dimension and ownership by member states;
• Advisory support in the planning of a policy pertaining to staff recruitment and to the management of senior personnel for ECCAS , so as to provide ECCAS with a capable and efficient structure in both the operational and the administrative domains (management, financial management and budget monitoring of programs, etc..)
• Advisory Support on information technology and communication with special emphasis on the design, implementation and development of an IT platform with the aim of to improving the flow of information both internally and externally and that of increasing visibility significantly.
• A contribution to improving financial resources management capacities and to the good management of financial resources coming from funding intended for ECCAS for peace and security projects and, more particularly, EDF funding
• Conflict Prevention and Restoration of Peace;
• Police cooperation
• regional cooperation/institutional aspects
• Restoration of peace
• Good governance/anti-corruption measures
• Project/programme implementation/management
• Budget preparation and monitoring