Description of the project and Services provided:
The Technical Assistance Team (TAT) composed of international, regional and local expertise according to the complexity of tasks will assist the PMU in the implementation of the project, including the provision of:
1. Technical expertise tasks, advice on PMS methodology, preparation and conduct of workshops/coaching, facilitation and support of the implementation of the overall programme at the PMU
2. Administrative, preparatory and ancillary tasks relating to planning, monitoring, reporting on project components, procurement and financial management.
The TAT, by adopting a result-orientated approach to performance management will, in general:
- Assist and advise PMU and units in OPM/DPSM and in co-operation with other related institutions across GRN in the alignment of the PMS with legislative and institutional needs
- Advise on the continuous review and revision of the PMS to ensure compatibility with policies, strategies, guide-lines and managerial structures of the GRN (Performance Agreements, Job Descriptions/Evaluations/Grading and Pay systems etc.)
- Support the OPM and PMU in their support and guidance to OMAs and RCs in the continuous review and revision of operational and business plans flowing from strategic plans.
- Review and where appropriate provide advice on the redevelopment of the roles and responsibilities of the PMU and the inter-related units within OPM to ensure an appropriate operational structure during and following the PMS implementation.
- Support the development and operational effectiveness of the PMS in line with public service standards (sanctions, suspensions and disciplinary measures) with OPM/PMU and in co-operation with Public Service Commission (PSC).