The objective of the Programme is “to enable the country to develop sufficient capacity to exploit the trade opportunities available under the EPA and the different regional trade agreements.
The project has five components;
1. Institutional Strengthening of MTTI/strengthening linkages between production and trade sectors/domestic trade development
2. Regulatory and institutional reforms to streamline the trading process
3. Effective management of the trade negotiations process
4. Trade facilitation/producing trade-related information and making it accessible to users
5. Strengthening standards environment and mechanism for implementation of SPS measures and compliance with international standards requirements