The technical assistance will seek to support the Local Government Service Secretariat (LGSS) to define and implement the major components of the Human Resource Management (HRM) strategy and performance monitoring for Local Government in Ghana.
• Support data collection system and develop proposals for data organisation on human resources at the national, regional and district levels. Support implementation of data management.
• Development of service delivery standards in close coordination with the District Development Facility (DDF) and the Functional Organisational Assessment Tool (FOAT) assessment criteria as well as the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC), the Medium Term Development Plan (MTDP) and sector Ministries and implementation of performance management along those standards.
• Development of proposals for guidelines on performance appraisals in line with priorities on service level standards and support implementation of those appraisals including incentive schemes in the districts.
• Support the development of concepts, guidelines and their implementation on all other aspects of Human Resources Management (HRM)
• Support capacity building for staff
• Assist mobilization of additional short term expertise as and when required by Locxal Government Services Secretariat (LGSS)
• Any other activity required to achieve the above mentioned results as requested by LGSS
• Submit quarterly progress reports to the Local Government Service Secretariat (LGSS) in copy to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning ( MoFEP) and the EU Delegation
• Facilitate the organization of quarterly steering committee meetings with MLGRD, Office of Head of Civil Services (OHCS), Public Services Commission (PSC), Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MoFEP), and other relevant organizations as well as DPs to review progress on administrative decentralization.
• Organize presentations (with power point) of project progress at the quarterly steering committee meetings on administrative decentralization, moderate the discussions on this part and document the conclusions of the steering committee meetings.
• Carry out training on aspects of human resource management in the public sector for the Local Government Secretariat (LGS) staff at all levels.
• Disseminate project results and ensure visibility as and when appropriate on EU Financing according to the guidelines http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/work/visibility/index_en.htm.
• Assist to the Local Governmnt Secretariat (LGS) in all the activities related to the closure of the project.
List of Services:
• Institutional Capacity Building;
• Human Resource Management/development
• Local Government/Local Authorities;
• Human resource