The overall objective of the project is to facilitate trade and stimulate trade led pro-poor growth through two purposes:
1. Improved trade related capacity and performance of MoTI and related agencies;
2. Support the National Quality Policy and the creation of the related National Quality Infrastructure.
Two results must to be achieved during the implementation of this TA:
• Strengthen capacity of MoTI in Trade Policy Analysis and formulation and for the implementation of Trade policies and Trade agreements (including EPA, Economics Partnerships Agreements);
• Assist MoTI in the Implementation of the National Quality Policy and the creation of a performing quality infrastructure covering areas such as metrology, accreditation, standardisation, conformity, certification and regulation. Contribute to the clarification of the institutions’ mandates and the capabilities to control and promote compliance with TBT/SPS requirements, conditioning access to international markets.
• Trade policy
• Trade facilitation
• Trade negotiations
• Statistic collection and analysis
• TBT Agreement
• SPS (Sanitary and phitosanitary measures)
• Quality Standards