The purpose of this technical assistance is to strengthen the Capacity of the NAO ( National Authorising Officer), in the implementation, coordination and pro-active monitoring of the EDF ( European Development Fund) portfolio.
The TA( Technical Assistance) contributes to the achievement of the NAO Support Unit objectives by supporting the Commissioner ALD/DNAO (Aid Liaison Department/Deputy National Authorising Officer )to achieve the following operational objectives/results:
• Enhancing the capacity of the NAO/ALD to perform its mandate to proactively respond to the needs of its beneficiaries;
• Provide on-the-job training and capacity building to ALD and NAO Support Unit to effectively and efficiently monitor implementation of EDF financed programmes and projects;
• Provide advisory services to the ( Aid Liason Department (ALD) to become more client driven/centered.
• Facilitate training exchanges or cooperation with other NAO’s in the region.
• Efficient financial management of the EDF program with up to date records maintained on ACOM (or any subsequent database), proactive action on audits and timely closure of completed commitments and projects.
• The EDF procedures are correctly applied in the procurement, contracting, accounting and implementation of EDF projects.
• Support the NAO to undertake a training of NAO SU staff, ALD officials, implementing agencies i.e. line Ministries and CSOs in EDF procedures;
• Assist in the drafting of tenders and contracts under the responsibility of the NAO on the basis of standard formats;
• Ensuring the active participation of the NAO/ALD in ACP-EC high level national and regional dialogue, fora and in coordinating and monitoring EDF programs to ensure effective implementation and conformity with Government policy and sector priorities.
• Improve visibility of EDF / EU support to the National Development Plan widely known and dissemination to the general public.
List of services: Training, Institutional Capacity building/strengthening, monitoring
• Political aspects of cooperation