Description of the project and Services provided:
The purpose of the project was to provide the necessary logistical and operational support to improve and strengthen the management of day-to-day operations of the NAO (National Authorizing Officer) office in Kenya.
The technical assistance provided to the NAO should aim at:
- Advising on a comprehensive approach to capacity building;
- Ensuring that the different components are complementary in nature and implemented in a logical sequence;
- Consolidating support to the NAO office in terms of ensuring smooth operation of on-going and upcoming EC-funded programmes (i.e. identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and closure of projects/programmes);
- Assisting the Government of Kenya as well as relevant implementing agencies in the preparation, launching and evaluation of relevant European Development Fund tenders.
- Providing quality control and liaison with the line ministries and the NAO in relation to the preparation of project proposals and Programme Estimates for direct labour operations;
- Providing continuous support to the NAO/EC desk, line ministries and projects with regard to procedures and principles:
- Following and highlighting ongoing policy debates and new policy directives that affect ACP-EU cooperation;
- Facilitating the participatory process of designing and mainstreaming a monitoring and evaluation framework for EC- supported programmes;
- Organising regular management meetings between EC and NAO representatives.