Posted on: 04/09/2018
Location / Country: Cyprus
Project Duration: 30 months
Seeking for: Key Expert 1: Team-Leader and senior expert on farm advisory services in Mediterranean agriculture (estimated total: 500 working days).
Work experience: Senior
Duties and responsibilities:
He/she will be responsible for organising, coordinating and managing the work of the FAS team and will carry out the following tasks:
• Manage the inputs of the experts, according to the work programme and activity-based personnel programme;
• Contribute directly to the implementation of Tasks 1, 2, 3 as from point 4.2;
• Organise and implement the activities in this ToR in accordance with EC rules;
• Pro-active participation in meetings related to the Programme, called by the Contracting Authority or the local administration.
The Team Leader will be based in the northern part of Nicosia. She/he will travel regularly to the field. She/he should spread his/her presence evenly throughout the duration of the contract.
The Team Leader should have the following background / experience:
• Agriculture (University Degree awarded on completion of at least three years study in a University or equivalent institution in the field of agricultural sciences) or equivalent degree closely related to the subject of the project.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and reporting skills, as well as strong confident leadership;
• Full computer literacy;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
General Experienced required:
• At least 10 years and up to 15 years of cumulative post graduate experience in technical assistance in Mediterranean agriculture and advisory services in agriculture.
Specific Experienced required:
1. At least three and up to five years post graduate experience in a senior position relating to implementation of farm advisory services in EU Member States, Candidate countries or Potential Candidates.
2. Experience in leading a team in at least one project of at least one year duration in the field of capacity building for agricultural or rural extension.
3. Experience in one and up to three project(s) in the field of implementation of agricultural or rural development EU acquis will be an advantage.
4. Experience in drafting guidelines for grant schemes under PRAG rules will be an advantage.
Please add “the position applied for and the name of the country” in the subject line.
KE1- TL FAS CYPRUS
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
Kindly note that PHONE CALLS ARE NOT ACCEPTED, if you need more information please write to the email address below. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED BACK.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toHana Blaskovick, H [dot] BLASKOVIC [at] aesagroup [dot] eu; Letizia Alimonti L [dot] ALIMONTI [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 16/09/2018